18 August 2017

Chrysnbon Arrowback Rocking Chair Kit

This is my first try at a Chrysnbon kit.  
Had a beady eye on the arrowback rocking chair for quite some time and could resist no more...


The diagram and instructions look pretty straight forward...


They're plastic moulded and extremely detailed. 



Don't do what I did and use a glue like this all purpose gel glue.  Although it did stick in the end it took forever and made the project more fiddly than it should have been.  There is a cement type of glue available which goes with the kits.  I purchased my kit from ART OF MINI and JENNIFERS OF WALSALL also sells it along with that special glue.


The kit came with a little transfer to place over the chair back but I preferred to leave this off...


Here's the little foot stall...


In the instructions it mentioned a stain to cover the chair with but my kit didn't seem to have that.  I didn't mind though because I wanted to paint the chair and also sanded it a little to give it age.  I then completed it by sealing with old faithful Modge Podge.
May make a little blanket or cushion to throw over it...


Amelia has her eye on it straight away...!


Overall I would thoroughly recommend this kit....

HAPPY DAYS TO ALL THOSE WHO STILL PLAY!

 Susannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment